Broccoli is a good source of vitamin c and also contains beta carotene, folic acid, omega 3 and packed with many other wonderful nutrients. It can be combined with other veggies like carrots or potatoes.
When you are introducing something new to your baby, always give in a smaller portion and then gradually increase the amount. Lets see the recipe…
Broccoli – 4 florets
Carrot – 1, Peeled & cubed
Formula Milk – As required
Clean the veggies. Peel the carrot and cube it. Dice the florets to small size.
Add the diced carrot and broccoli florets to a pan with 1 cup water let it boil.
Cook until tender ( will take 10-12 mins).
Prepare some formula milk as per pack guidelines . Let the veggies cool a bit and puree it using some formula milk.
Transfer to a feeding bowl.
Adjust the puree consistency using some more formula milk if you find it so thick.
Feed this healthy puree to your baby.
- You can also steam the veggies (will take 10-15mins).
- Use only formula milk or breast milk or some boiled water for preparing baby food.
- The texture of the puree purely depends up on you.
- To make the puree on a sweeter side always select a sweet carrot.
- It may cause gas in some babies.