TamilsKitchen

February 18, 2014

கொத்து பரோட்டா / Kothu Parotta

Hi Friends and Readers , hope you are all doing good. Now-a-days I’m busy with my little one , so finding very little time to update my blog. But I can’t leave my passion so hope to post more lovely dishes in the future. Thanks for your support.
And coming to the recipe Kothu Parotta is a very famous South Indian street food . It is widely available in small road side food shops . The Parotta Salna is a wonderful combination. I just loved the taste of the kothu parotta which my dad gets from nearby road side shops . And this recipe also tastes close and I’m sure if you try once , this will turn to be  your favourite dish too. It is made from eggs, spices & chicken salna and finally pounded with a metal skillet. I skipped the pounding part as I tore the parotta to tiny pieces and I am happy with the outcome. I used Chicken Kulambu / Curry here in this recipe. But I have a recipe for chicken salna too, If you want to try the typical salna check this link . Both the curries tastes awesome. Lets go to the recipe.
Main
Ingredients
Parotta – 3-4
Onion – 1,chopped
Tomato – 1/2,chopped
Green chilli – 1,chopped
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Eggs – 2
Chicken curry – 1 cup
Corriander leaves / Cilantro – few chopped
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 3 tsp
Salt to taste
Preparation
Make the Parathas. Then cut or tear it in to small pieces .

Grab your needed ingredients.

Heat oil in a kadai and splutter mustard seeds. Add a spring of curry leaves ( This gives nice flavour. As its out of stock I didn’t add).

Add the onions with a little salt and fry till transparent.
Add ginger garlic paste and green chilli and fry till colour change .
Add the chopped tomato and fry till mushy.
Add the corriander leaves and mix it.

Now add the parotta pieces and nicely coat it with the onion tomato mixture.

Crack open the eggs to the parotta and fry till the eggs are blended well and cooked.
Now pour in the chicken curry and mix well. Keep in medium flame and mix well until all the moisture is absorbed .

At this point of time you can pound using the metal skillet or with any hard things.

Garnish with chopped cilantro and few chopped onion and serve hot to your loved ones.

Kothu Parotta
Notes:
  • If you are spice lover then add some chilli powder .  The Chicken curry added gives enough spiciness to the recipe. So I didn’t add chilli & corriander powders.
  • You can also add 1/4 tsp pepper powder at the end (optional).
  • I used frozen parathas. You can make them at home too (Will post how to make malabar paratha soon).
  • The Chicken curry gives a finger licking taste to the kothu parotta so try not to skip it. But if you don’t have chicken curry then increase the amount of tomato and add some chilli, 1 tsp corriander, 1/2 tsp turmeric and 1/4 tsp garam masala powders one by one in the onion tomato mixture and give a good mix and proceed with adding the parotta pieces.
  • I also have a good recipe for vegetarian version of kothu parotta, you will soon see it on my blog
Please click on the following links for Chicken curry

7 comments:

Beena said...

Looks delicious . love it

nandoos kitchen said...

yummy, tasty kothu porotta. Love it

Sangeetha Nambi said...

Super tempting !

Shama Nagarajan said...

yummy parota dear..my favourite

Priya said...

That looks like a wonderful kothu parota ....I have seen those shops use salna while mincing .hmm great recipe

Beulah said...

Fabulous kothu parotta!

Unknown said...

My fav..looks delicious dear,makes me mouthwatering :)Very happy to follow you dear ..Will be happy if u follow me back !!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...